Friday, May 29, 2009

Catch Up

Hello friends,
Its been a while hasn't it. I have been busy studying this year. Today I am playing hookey and have decided to update my blog. I have missed being here, and visiting you all. I miss the delightful pleasure of seeing what you have been making, and hearing about what you've been up to. I just miss blog land.
There hasn't been a lot of time to spend online, so visiting has been a quick fly by, and thats been erratic at best. Am hoping to find time to visit more. Studying is good, I have discovered that my brain isnt dead after all this time. It is a real challenge, and I am enjoying it.


I have been crafting. Slowly and bit by bit. Mainly I have been working on my long lived crochet blanket. Its a no brainer craft, for when I am tired and can't think (which happens often) and bit by bit, its growing.


I have been adding in a bit more colour, and have had the benifit of Mum showing me how to crochet the loose ends in with out them showing. Its a neat trick.

I alsohad to make some study aids, to hold books and things. Of course they were nescessary to make study and finding things easier!


Its been cold here, winter is upon us. Its the time to curl up with a warm blanket and do some crafting. Or in my case, try and read some more texts.
Hope everyone is well, and crafting up a storm.
Take care, Happy Crafting and Reading until next time.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Can't fault a diligent student! It was good to hear your voice.

our shabby cottage said...

Great to see you back. And good on you for going back to study - I can't imagine how it would be after all this time....

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Nice to see you back....
Lovely projects you've been sewing & crotcheting....

Chocolate Cat said...

Nice to hear what you've been up to. Love the blanket, you will need it with the winter weather we are having!! Don't envy you with your study - glad its coming along okay!

Tracy said...

So glad to see this post! :o) Very happy that your studies are going and well and that your are enjoying them. And that you've rediscovered your brain... The mind is such a terrible thing to waste, don't you think. It's like all other muscle, if we don't use it, we lose it! ;o) Your crocheted blanket in progress is beautiful--love the colors you're using. I'm not very good at crochet, but do hope to work a crocheted lap blanket sometimes--it's on the list anyway. Love those bags too-super! Glad you're sneaking in some crafty time in between your studies and the soon-arrival of winter. Happy Days :o) (HUGS))